How to use Rubber Stamp on fabric
In this era of technology, digital stamps or rubber stamp online can be very useful for your fabric or cloth business. With different types of online tools and sites, you can create your own stamp according to various shapes, colors, sizes, and other features. Not only this but creating your own stamp is also easy if you wish to have your own Rubber Stamp online.
So, let us talk about some important pieces of information regarding rubber stamps online or fabric stamp maker.
What is the importance of a rubber stamp?
A rubber stamp has the design or logo of a specific organization or company; thus, it is used to authorize different types of documents, letters or other crucial belongings of that specific organization. With the help of a rubber stamp, you can properly organize all your relevant and official documents, letters, parcels, fabric, and many more whenever required.
To be precise, a rubber stamp can work as a representative of an organization and can be used in various types of official, legal, or even individual purposes if necessary.
Information regarding stamping on fabric
One of the amazing things about stamping is that you have the scope to create your own stamp and use them in different mediums. One of those mediums is definitely fabric. For stamping on a piece of fabric, you will just need a rubber stamp, a piece of fabric, and fabric ink.
The types of fabric you can use for stamping
First of all, you need to remember that ink can bleed on the fabric. The bigger the weave of a fabric, the more bleeding can take place. So, whenever you think about stamping on fabric, you need to choose those fabrics that are woven tightly, like linen or cotton. Choosing a light material as your fabric will also help you to make the color more visible. In addition to this, you need to make sure to test the ink out on that specific fabric before using it for your stamping work.
What kind of materials will you need for using the Rubber stamp?Every project of fabric stamping will start a similar way, which is by collecting all the essential materials you will need for your work. Here is a short description of those ingredients.
- Fabric Ink
- A scrap of Cloth
- Scrap paper
How can you get a good impression regarding stamping on fabric?
To get more impressions regarding the use of rubber stamps on fabric, you need to use a light and even coating of the fabric ink on the rubber stamp. The stamp you select has to be bigger in size with a few small details. After that, you need to grab that piece of scrap cloth mentioned earlier and practice your stamps according to the specific pattern.
After conquering your stamped pattern successfully, you need to put the scrap away and get the real piece of fabric which you wish to use for your stamping project. Remember to press straight down and evenly on your rubber stamp, which you are using, and do not move it around or even wiggle it.
After completing this step, just pick up your stamp and continue to work your way down to the smallest options. With this process, you can take completely use the negative spaces on the fabric left by those larger stamps.
Tips and tricks to use Rubber Stamp on fabricThere are several tricks that you can follow to make your rubberstamping procedure on fabric successful, along with getting help from a good Fabric Stamp maker like MyStampReady. So, let us discuss some of those tricks and tips.
- Do not forget to make the project a procedure full of fun. For this, do not make the patterns too complicated in your first attempt, and enjoy the entire procedure.
- If you are starting to perform rubber stamping on fabric, you can start your task with several easy-to-cut stamps like triangles, stripes, squares, or some stamps that are already made. Bold stamps can be easy to use, as those are hard to go wrong.
- Do not use any acrylic paint, and only use fabric inks. Acrylic paints usually become stiff and wrinkled and hence, are not a good choice.
- An attractive color can easily make any shape or design of the stamp a preferable option for your fabric. So, always choose the colors carefully.
- Before starting your stamping procedure, you should wash all the materials which you will use in the process. In some cases, the fabrics have a specific coating on them, which is known as sizing. These can make it feel nice but do not allow you to use the ink properly, and hence, may not be good for your project.
- After washing the fabric, you should stretch it on sturdy cardboard, as it can prevent the ink from washing out. However, if you are stamping on home décor items that you don’t want to wash, you can ignore this tip.
- Allow drying of the stamp completely before going to the next step. Also, put your stamp with firm and even pressure. Do not forget to iron your fabric after washing and before applying the stamps.
- You need to choose an ink that is fade-proof and is designed for use only on fabrics.
- You should plan beforehand regarding which stamps you want to use and how; this will help you to avoid any kind of unwanted situation that may occur during your project regarding rubber stamping on fabric.
Date of publication 2022-07-07